Monday, July 12, 2010

I like what I like, and that's all that I like.

I like what I like and that's all that I like.

That sentence is what I am all about. That is it. Now let me elaborate.

I had a conversation one day with a gentleman who told me that he had been to 5 of the places I featured in my segments as part of the morning show I am fortunate to be a part of, "You & Me This Morning" on WCIU Chicago. I was extremely flattered, but he did mention that he wasn't all that impressed with a few of my spots, and I understand that. And that really struck me as something important.

And this is my point... I like these places, a lot. And I point out the things I like to eat when I go there, and that's what I am recommending to you. And I know some of these places may not be that great, as he pointed out, and he is right. 100% correct!
But there is something about every single one of these spots that I love for one reason or another. It may be an acquired taste, I have become friends with the owner, whatever, but I really like the places I feature. But I know it's all personal preference. So please keep that in mind when you visit any one of the spots I recommend, but please do visit them. You never when or where yer gonna find a great meal at a good deal.

And to my friend, I really appreciate you checkin out my spots, and I appreciated yer honesty with me. It has helped me get out a much needed point I had to address.

No comments: