Monday, September 28, 2009

I had an Italian Breaded Steak Sandwich today, and it was delicious!

North Siders!! We have a breaded steak sandwich spot!! Finally.

Today I went to a restaurant for lunch called Caponies Express on the northwest side of Chicago. A friend of mine, one of the owners, was raving about the breaded steak sandwich, which I am a huge fan of, but most everywhere in Chicago that makes 'em is on the south side and I live north. That being said, I barely eat 'em and I feel a sense of loss in my life because of it. But today I felt like if there was ever proof of a higher power, it showed itself to me. The breaded steak sandwich was DELICIOUS!!!! The steak was perfectly lightly breaded, not over fried or dry at all, and the sauce it was smothered in was so flavorful and fresh tasting that I felt like a pig in shit. I couldn't get enough. Plus the bread was really soft & spongy on the inside with a light crunch on the outside. What more can I say? I did not have anything else with it, no fries or salad. And the bathroom was clean, but it had an air freshener in it and the scent reminded me of the hug 'n tug massage parlors. Those places always use those things to cover the scent of sin. Caponies Express is at 6694 N. Northwest Hwy. in Edison park, which is a total cop neighborhood, so be careful!! And even though I am friends with the owners, I truly believe the sandwich is as good as I raved about it just now, I am not kissing any ass here. Besides, I paid full price for it, how good of friends can we really be? Sorry I have no pic., I was waiting to see if the sandwich was good before I shot it. But I will attach one later.

No comments: