Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ramova Grill

Ramova Grill has one of my all time favorite meals: breaded pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes, peas, and gravy! I have loved this meal since I was kid when my mom used to make it for me, and let me eat as much and as many pork chops as I wanted. She also used to let me stand by her side while she was cooking them and I got tell her when I thought my chops looked like they were done. Extra crispy baby!! That being said, Bill Gertos, owner and cook of Ramovas, hit's the mark each and every time. He makes em' taste just like mom to used to make, they're so freakin' good! It's one of those meals, that when you've finished it you feel like goin' up and givin ma a great big hug, except now mom has a cock & balls and stands over 6 feet tall and is named Bill. One of the most important things you need to know about this special is that Ramova Grill only has the special every other Tuesday. That's right, so you gotta call ahead to make sure that the Tuesday you plan on going is the right one. And that can be tricky too, because the only phone to call in or out of is an 80 year old phone booth, and of course it is not listed. Luckily I have the number for you, 773-847-9058. That information I just gave you has gotta be worth something, right? I will accept hugs and kisses from all who wish to reward me. Well, that's my thing for Ramova Grill.... Oh sh*t, wait... I almost forgot, they make fresh squeezed o.j., awesome chili (but I am not personally a chili fan in all honesty), super breakfasts, and they have tons of other lunch/dinner specials that I can't think of right now. ...Double crap!!! The meal is under $6.00 including Chicago's ridiculous taxes! That's a good meal at a good deal yo!
Ramova Grill
3510 S. Halsted, in Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: