Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Italian Turkey instead of Italian Beef. And it is Superb!














It's been a while, sorry. It is summer, and I am outdoors more than I am indoors.

Francos Italian Bakery & Deli in Streamwood, Il. at 1550 Bourbon Parkway has one of the most creative sandwiches I have had in a long time. I say creative cause I have never heard of, or even thought of an Italian Turkey sandwich in my entire life. Ever. And Francos has thought of it, and perfected it!

It is an Italian Beef, but with turkey, and turkey au jus instead of beef. And if yer a lover of turkey sandwiches, this may end up being one of yer favorites. Just imagine a well seasoned, herbed, beef sandwich in a fresh made crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside bun and then switch the meat to turkey and you pretty much got it. The Italian Turkey! And the buns are made in house, it's a bakery, and a deli.

The Italian Turkey is "Monte-licious!" and completely worth the drive for the sandwich. They also have excellent baked goods, deli sub sandwiches, and hot foods like pasta, and other Italian specialties.

I must mention that when I first went here I was confused and felt like I didn't like the sandwich that much, I told my friend that who told me about the place and she hasn't spoke to me since then.

No comments: