Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sorry I have been away for a while.

I actually hope you care too. I have been lazy, my crutch in life, but I also have been eating a more "whole food" diet. No not Whole Foods the grocery chain, although that is where we shop, but "whole food" meaning nothing processed, out of a box, mixed together, etc. I am not on a diet, just looking at what I put into this dump truck of a body.

I had a Type 2 Diabetes scare a few months back, plus my knees were killin me like everyday, and I was close to 300 lbs. ....Again! I do not want an early death, and that is exactly what I was/may get. So I am trying to add years, instead of taking them away.

I still eat all the good stuff I enjoy, just less of it. Actually a lot less. I am trying to do my best 80% of the time, and the other 20% of the time, well I kinda abuse my body with a bunch of carbs, starchs, and sugars. Which, to much of that stuff wreaks havoc on my insides. Right now, I am running a VW Bug engine in a Dump Truck body, and that just ain't cuttin it. My poor heart keeps wondering what it did wrong to me, it feels like it owes me money the way I've been treating it. Liver too!

All that being said, you will still see me eating all the good stuff, but maybe with a fork, no bun, and topless. Topless, T-O-P-L-E-S-S!!! You'll do it!

P.S. I still eat burgers, steaks, cheese, bacon, vegetables, & fruits. I just cut back/down on the processed parts of my meals, and the heavy starches and un-natural sugars. Truth is, I usually hate buns, they are freakin filler for the most part. Rice constipates me, clogs my system for a day. And I actually love real whipped cream on fresh berries almost more than my beloved Dark Chocolate. And I still eat fat a$$, jucy, meaty, delicious burgers with cheese, bacon, and an egg, but I skip the bun. Well I skip most of the bun, I scrape the gooey parts that absorb all burger blood/juices. And I do my best to eat grass fed, organic, non hormone meats from local farms. Plus it tastes way better, and it supports people I can see/touch and speak too. Not a faceless corporation. Besides, have you ever eaten an egg from a chicken that just roams a farm freely eating bugs/berries, and dirt? The yolk from even the tiniest eggs are firm, upright, and almost orange. Not flat, runny, and yellow like a crayon. And the taste... You just gotta try one to see what I am talking about. And my desserts are mostly fresh berries and fruits that are not sprayed with chemically induced pesticides, with organic, non hormone treated, home made whipped cream. And I cook most everything in butter/Ghee.

So I will be posting again soon, mostly from my cheating meals, but every now & again you may see something a bit different. Don't be scared.

One last thing, why the change? Diabetes was right around the corner, and I hate medicine, plus being overweight makes it really hard to get health insurance. In a parallel universe, my wife has been reading up on eating in a paleo/caveman/primal blue print way, and everything she would read to me just seemed to make sense. So with the Diabetes breathing down my neck, and a doctor trying to prescribe something to lose weight and help with my insulin, I decided to take my new knowledge, and take things into my own hands. Almost two months in and I am almost 20 lbs. lighter, no scare of diabetes, and my knees feel the best they have felt since I was on a ten day steroid cycle. And before that, my knees haven't allowed me to run up and down stairs sine I was in my twenties, or early thirties. I have been running up and down the stairs all week, and loving it!!!!

1 comment:

erikloza said...

Good work, Monte! I'm glad you're eating better. Maybe you can visit one of these restaurants that uses tofu to make dishes that taste like they have real meat. Take care of your health, Mr. LaMonte.