Monday, January 10, 2011

New York Deli in Chicago?! What? Yes, it's true. And it's good!





This is not me in the photo, it is Kevin Hogan, they guy I photographed.

So I do head shots for people from time to time. I am a great photographer, and I give a great deal. $50, you get great head shots and you buy me a lunch/meal/sandwich. It's a great deal for everyone involved, and it brings me to new places to eat I am not yet familiar with.

Last week I shot a man named Kevin Hogan, he was down for the deal, and excited to bring me to a place he knew of that I have never been to before. Exciting for me!

We ended up a place called New York Deli at 2921 N. Clark St. in Lakeview. The sandwich was Monte-licious!! I got a sandwich called the RJ that had pastrami, and turkey on it. It comes with a little olive oil and herbs on top the bun that has been lightly toasted, I loved the bread!

The place was great, and I learned some neat suff about Kevin. I learned that Kevin had owned a few hot dog carts in St. Louis, which has been a dream of mine since I was a child. But I wanna own em in Chicago. I also learned he went to Harvard on a full scholarship for one semester, it was what was free, and after that he returned to St. Louis and went somewhere local he could afford. Super cool!!

So to sum it up, the sandwich at New York Deli was great, and worth checkin out. My only gripe, the kid who took our order was kind of a dick, but Kevin said he wasn't familiar with that kid, and that the other guy who showed up later was cool, and made a bigger sandwich. So next time, I am expecting bigger and better, and will leave if I see the kid that was there my first time.

No comments: