Friday, April 29, 2011

Beef Roll!!!! Better than a Tootsie Roll.





What the?! What the hell is a Beef Roll? A Beef Roll is one of the best things I have eatin in a while. It is awesome! But it is not in my beloved Chicago. No.

The Beef Roll comes to us via Sam's Pizza in Ottawa, Illinois. 802 W. Norris Dr. to be exact.

I have been going to Starved Rock for years to go hiking, take pics. of the magnificent Bald Eagles, Great White Pelicans, etc. And on my way home, I always stop for pizza. Always! I usually go to another great spot, but my favorite waitress there is prego, so why not try a new place? I thought to myself. Yes, I think like a dude. I think it has something to do with my male organ. But luckily it made my choice, and it lead me to the Beef Roll.

The BEEF ROLL:
The Beef Roll is made in a pizza pan like you see for stuffed pizza, or pan pizza. A layer of pizza dough is placed in the pan, then it is filled with a layer of fresh mozzarella cheese, a layer of thinly shaved italian beef, then another layer of fresh mozzarella cheese. It is then topped off with another sheet of pizza dough. Now it looks kinda like a pie going into the oven. When it is finished, removed from the oven, while it is still piping hot, they brush atop the Beef Roll, melted butter, then sprinkle garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. And it is served with a side of beef au jus sauce to dip the slices into. Monta-Frickin-licious!!!!!!

I swear, if I were single and trying to get laid, this is where I would take a girl to impress her.

totally worth the drive. And it's under 2 hrs. away. Go hiking, fishing, whatever at Starved Rock, then go to Sam's for the Beef Roll! Whatta day!!!

No comments: