Saturday, May 14, 2011

Some of the best Chicken Shwarma EVER!!! Or at least that I have had.















Carnival at 4356 Woodman Ave in the neighborhood known as Sherman Oaks California has some of the, if not thee best Chicken Shwarma I have ever eaten in my entire life! I know that is a bold statement, but hear me out.

First let me mention a few things, my buddy Mick Betancourt turned me onto to this spot, and he picked the perfect place for me. This was one of my favorite meals on my most recent trip to L.A. Plus, while we were there, so was James Spader! You know, the jerk from some cool movies in the 90's. I always liked his work. I accidentally got a shot of while taking my random shots of the interior. He is the dude in the red shirt and sunglasses in one of the pics. posted. And because of the Papparazzi, people hated seein me shoot myself while eating.

I also got a great pic. of a group of regulars at the spot which is posted as well.

Now on to some of the absolute best CHICKEN SHWARMA EVER!!!

If yer not familiar, Chicken Shwarma is prepared on a spit, like the Gyro we're all familiar with. But this is not a frozen haunch of meat, thrown onto a metal spear. At Carnival, they season, and layer fresh cuts of chicken onto a metal spit, with an onion on top so when it's cooking, the onion juices drip down onto, and into the meat. This all moves at a slow rotation in front of a low, but steady fire allowing all of the tender cuts of well seasoned white/dark chicken to cook up perfectly. You get the perfect crisp on the outside, meat that is the top layer, and the meat just beneath is cooking in all the juices, becoming extremely tender, and delicious/flavorful. The perfect savory meal if you will.

It is served, if you get it on the plate as a meal vs. a wrap, on a plate, placed atop a pita and fresh cut french fries. And it is freakin "Monte-licious!!!" I remember my first bite... The chicken was so tender, juicy, and full of rich flavor from the middle eastern spices/herbs. One bite, and yer in heaven. Most of the chicken sits atop fries, which is awesome! tIt's awesome because then they soak in all of the chicken juices that drip down into them, making them some of the best fries I have ever eatin in my life. The serving size was enormous, and it also came with a side of slaw, which was not bad, and a grilled tomato. I will definitely be going back.

We also had the appetizer sampler of Hummus (a ground chick pea spread/dip), Baba Ganoush (a ground eggplant/yogurt spread/dip), and falafel (fried chick pea, flour, cilantro and other stuff ball). All of which were amazing! Especially the falafel, so freakin good!

Lastly, there were a lot of beautiful, well endowed women eating there, who seemed to not be wearing bras, and kind of affect by the chill in the air from the AC. I enjoy the affect AC has on women with no protection. And afterward Mick took me for a cruise in his convertible Backdraft Cobra car! That was AWESOME!!! 0-60 in 2/3 sec.

1 comment:

erikloza said...

Monte, I can't believe it. You actually reviewed a restaurant near my house. I may have to try it out. Thanks.