Monday, February 6, 2012

New Orleans Catfish, and a Beauty Queen for a bartender. Only at...High Hat in NOLA!

High Hat in New Orleans 4500 Freret St. in Uptown

Here is the the interior, mostly, there is a bar as well. This lace is open, airy, and comfortable. Tables are evenly, and spaciously spaced apart. There are enough ceiling fans to generate electricity like a windmill farm in this place. I count 5 just in this pic alone, and there were plenty more.

This is the bartender. She had great posture. She said she loved me, I had to let her down easy and tell her I was married. Can she cry!

3 piece Catfish Dinner, with a side of green beans that were smothered in chopped garlic, onions, and either pork bellies or bacon with a light buttery, or oil sauce. Or both, combined. Hush puppies, cole slaw, and pickles were included. The catfish was light and flaky, and the batter was crunchy. I believe the batter was a light dusting of flour and corn meal. The side of slaw was really terrific. Fresh crunchy red cabbage, carrots, I think I saw and tasted celery seed, and deliciousness. Hush puppies were spectacular as well. Crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside with bits of corn. Oh, and the dipping/fish sauce was creamy, smooth, and thick, so good atop the catfish. Nothing comes from a box here, all fresh and made in house.

The green beans. These were absolutely ridiculously Monte-licious!! Some of the tastiest green beans I have eve had the pleasure of eating.

Look how happy I am as I am about to devour the sh*t outta those green beans.

Handsome

My charming waitress, she was sweet. Which makes me think she is a freak in the sheets! On Halloween, she told me she loves to be ghost.

The dessert is  a re-fried donut from a place down the street called Freret St. Po-Boy which makes some of the best donuts I ever had in my life. It is topped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. A crispy fried donut, that is soft and hot on the inside, with cool, smooth ice cream on the top has to be the 8th. deadliest sin. And I took the sin all the way in.

No comments: