Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pastichio!!! If you don't know, it's time you do!!!





spot: Mythos
food type: Greek
address/info.: 2030 W. Montrose Ave. 773-334-2000
neighborhood: Lincoln Square/North center

"Mythos!" The best Pastichio I have had next to my buddy Andy's mom's.

In case you don't know, Pastichio is a Greek version of lasagna, which I'm sure you know what that is. And if you don't... consider us acquaintances only. In my opinion pastichio is better than lasagna. And I'm Italian!

The main differences are; instead of sheet like pasta, pastichio uses long hollow spaghetti like noodles. And instead of ricotta cheese and maybe mozzarella, pastichio is made with a delicious creamy bechamel sauce, which is actually french. Bechamel, is a creamy, cheesy sauce made from scolding hot milk and flour. So if you have gluten issues, this meal is not for you. Lactose issue people, bring yer lactaid pills and you'll be fine. This is meal is worth every lactaid pill I take while eating it. It is 100% "Monte-licious!" They also use black angus beef for the meat sauce in the pastchio. It just keeps getting better!

Mythos is a dinner spot. Except on Sunday, they open at noon. You need to know that this meal takes about 30 minutes to prepare, so order some appetizers. The saganaki is delicious, but they don't flame it up!!! But it is still some of the best I have ever had! Something I think worth mentioning; it's owned by two sisters, one is the chef, the other is the host, and in my opinion, one of the best restaurant combo. owners I have seen. And I genuinely enjoy the two of 'em. If I were single, I would make play for 'em. Both! ; ) And all of the waitresses I have seen there are super cute!! A bonus at any spot!

3 comments:

Norwegian Nierling said...

what about the price? Where's the picture of the receipt? The pastichio at that greek place in lincoln square is good

Thee Erin said...

Din Din for three people (ice teas and coffee - no beer) was $40.05. Not bad eh?

Monte said...

yeah, the price isn't as inexpensive as i'd like it to be, but it's worth every penny.